Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm 30.

It's hard to believe it, but I am now officially out of my 20's and on into the wild new world of a new decade. I can still see the birthday card that my Maternal Grandfather once gave me that said "Welcome to the double digits." It seems like yesterday. Here I am twenty years later.

So much happened in my twenties. You know what? Most of it was pretty darned good. Still, I'm ever reflective (wouldn't want to break the mold,) and I can't help but look back and give my usual cliched remark of "the next decade is gonna be even better!" However, let's be honest. On one hand, it's completely true. I'm going to give my 30's everything I've got-why not?!? On the other hand, I'm in the middle of the uphill climb of my life. No, I'm smack dab at the beginning. I could be all dramatic and worry wart-ish, but instead, I'm going to just say what I'm feeling. I'm scared as can be, and at the same time, I've never been more excited in my life. I'M ALIVE!!! I've made it 30 friggin' years, and in my last career, I accomplished more in ten years than many do in twenty. I'll allow myself this one opportunity to be pompous because in my family we have a saying that says, "It's your birthday, and you can do no wrong!"

I am extremely lucky-blessed (whatever you want to call it.) I don't take any of it for granted. I definitely didn't make it to this point on my own, but I most certainly pushed myself to get here. In this current new and often frustrating time, I can only hope and expect that I will continue to govern myself with the same discipline that helped me through the first third of my life. I am optimistic. Really, what more could I ask for? I have my health, a roof over my head, and above all, I have an ever increasing support group of friends and family surrounding me. How could I possibly fail.

So, here I ago again. I'm beginning what I am sure will be the most exciting decade to date. I was sure that the last one couldn't be topped, but I'm out to prove myself wrong.

Hello 30.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday!!! Sounds like things are going well for you. So glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete