Saturday, October 9, 2010

What an honor.

Tonight, Petrouchka closed at the Duke Theatre on 42nd Street after three well received performances. We hosted the largest crowds the Duke Theatre had ever seen for a single performance, and we sold out two out of three of our shows. I am thrilled that I had the chance to perform in a new and exciting piece. I hope that it opens doors for my director/choreographer who had put over nine years into the production. I can only imagine what a mix of emotions he must be feeling at the completion of this, his dream.

To me, NYMF makes a statement. To be chosen for the festival takes a great deal of determination and confidence. Some of these shows may be the great shows of tomorrow. Whether mine will or will not be is not important to me. Yes. I would love for it to transfer to something greater. I can't tell you how amazing that would be. However, the drive and commitment that everyone put into making this show possible taught me so much. It reminded me that art is still more than a paycheck. It is the chance to transport lives. I find that it is easy to lose sight of that, and I hope that I will continually be brought back to the reality of why it is that I do what I do. I love to dance/act/perform.

There it is. I accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment