Sunday, December 12, 2010

I love it.

My Nutcracker gig in DC was wonderful. Now, I've just completed two of six shows in Seattle. Tonight's show was a blast. Today, I'm inspired by the fact that dancing is so much more fun now that I'm "retired" from company life. Sure, the venues are different, and there are many things I miss about the security and familial setting of my previous employment life, but now that I'm doing it for myself, I'm having a ball. I always prided myself on the fact that I truly allowed myself to enjoy my work when I was with Kansas City Ballet. However, I'm really having a blast gigging. I'm much more forgiving of myself if things don't go perfectly, and with that in mind, I find that I free myself to give a better performance. Who knows what it looks like from the front, but my employers have been happy, the audiences have been responsive and my partners have been happy. Most importantly however, I've been happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment