Monday, December 6, 2010

Nutcracker 2010 Part 1.

Success! I just completed a somewhat difficult but overall enjoyable and rewarding week in the DC area performing my first of two Cavaliers of the season. My Sugar Plum Fairy was a lovely young lady, and we meshed from the beginning with our aesthetic and timing. Sometimes you just luck out.

I admit, I was nervous about donning the white tights again and all the body and technique exposure that comes along with that. I haven't worn white tights for a role for years, and I definitely hadn't performed a classical pas de deux in quite some time. Well, I've still got it! It went well. Naturally, there were a couple baubles, but hey! It's live theatre.

It was a strange process to "get back on the horse" so to speak in terms of my solo work. I was more than acceptable and clean, but I still wasn't at the top of where I remember my game to be technically. I would like to be more than just acceptable and clean.

It's interesting to try to figure out how to balance training and auditioning and life in NY, and I am pretty good at it. However, I still plan to do more as I can afford to. I am extremely grateful that I had such a wonderful opportunity and such lovely and warm people to work with. Now it's time to put that version of the pas out of my mind and remember the other one that I'm doing on the West Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment