Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Out of my comfort zone.

For some reason, I have been putting off getting back into dance class. I'm not sure why, but I think I really just feel burned out. Tonight, however, I made myself go. I went to a jazz class. So, not only was it my first full class back in three weeks since retiring, it was two hours long, and it was a style that I am far from an expert in. I had a great time. It was nice to do something different and move in a way that is a bit more foreign to me. I have felt for years that I am no good at that kind of movement because people laugh to see me do something different. In this class, I knew no one, so I was able to just give it my best. Yes, I still look like a ballet dancer, and I need to shake that out, but that's what class is for. You can't learn something without working on it. It was fun to branch out. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. good for you! Getting back into something is always difficult, and going into something a bit different even more so. Keep at it, you will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you as always! I appreciate the encouragement more than you may know!

    ReplyDelete