Monday, July 12, 2010

Audition....

Ok. So, I don't write as often as I was during my "retirement" year, but hey-I didn't intend to at all at first! Take what you can get! Ha! Jokes aside, I'm putting some positive energy out into the world right now, and I'm going to ask for the same from anyone reading.

Tomorrow/today(it's 1:15 am) I'm auditioning for the show that first made me fall in love with musical theatre which led me to dance in the first place which led me to my eventual ballet career which brought me back to musical theatre....follow? I'm auditioning for "The Phantom of the Opera." To be honest, I don't think I'm "buff" enough for the role of the one dancer for which I'm auditioning, but naturally, I can definitely dance it.

It's strange. I'm so excited to do the audition, but at the same time, I don't want to in a way! It's such a fantasy to me that I don't want it to be taken away!! I'll be fine if I don't book it, naturally, but still, the mind plays games such as, "Why weren't you in the gym more often in your youth?!?" No worries though, I'm not listening to my mind. I'm actually laughing at it. I'm going to simply enjoy myself.

On a different subject, I do have a bit of an announcement. As far back as my second week here in NYC, I (think) I decided what I want to do after my second "retirement." (Well, after all, this blog is about preparing for the next step, yes?) I think I may want to be an agent. For years in Kansas City, I was asked to find dancers for various theatrical events and shows, and I found that I loved booking people in jobs and making them money as much if not more than I loved booking the gigs myself. Since I have also been enjoying being an audience member lately, I think this may be a natural progression. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind, but for now, this is where I am. I know I love to serve people and contribute to their success.

Just thought I'd go ahead and announce that.

No comments:

Post a Comment