Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Follow up.

So, as I had imagined, I wasn't what they were looking for for Phantom-this time. I had a great audition, and I know that I danced circles around many of the guys there. That said, there were also a couple of really nice dancers. It reminded me of a time long ago when I was auditioning for ballet companies, and I would get frustrated when it was clear that my facility kept me from getting certain jobs. Now, there's no way of knowing if this was the case, but still, it brought me back.

It also reminded me how much I haven't missed auditioning for ballet companies! I NEVER really enjoyed it. I was driven because I wanted to get a job, but I always hated the stress of measuring myself up against so many others. I suppose I'm doing that again now, and in a much more competitive field in some ways, but this time, I actually enjoy auditioning. As I've said before, it's my time to perform. Hopefully I'll keep getting better and better at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment