Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pursuing dreams.

On Friday, I had a rare opportunity. I auditioned for "The Greatest Show on Earth" i.e. Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus. They held an audition searching for clowns. It was a wonderful experience. The audition was actually in a circus tent. Ringling Brothers has a new one-ring old fashioned circus tent show that is stationed for the summer at Coney Island. I can't think of a better place to do the audition. Coney Island has such a history for circus-esque shows, and where better to audition than in an actual circus ring!

It really was a surreal experience. I made it all the way through the audition, and they talked to me. They said they would be in touch, but now, I can only hope. Hey, I walked away from it feeling energized and excited, so I'll just wait and see. In the meantime, if you go to wnyc.org and scroll down, there is an article about the audition. I am mentioned at the end of the introductory paragraph. (not by name, but it's definitely me.) I am also one of the "8" who made the cut. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment