Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cosmic Energy.

Never underestimate the power of the universe. Okay, I don't mean for this to sound esoteric or hokey, but I am serious. Sometimes, I'm learning, It's strange to see how things come together when you line yourself up on the "correct" path.

A couple of days ago, I received an email from the father of one of my students. This kid is an extremely talented young dancer, and I have offered my assistance in any way possible in helping him get into a professional training school. His dad asked if I could write a recommendation letter to my alma mater, NCSA, and I was thrilled to oblige.

Of course, I took it a step further than simply writing a letter, and I called one of my favorite ballet teachers, the assistant dean of the dance department to personally recommend him. My teacher, of course, was attentive and gracious, and made sure he knew the student's name, and then he dropped the exciting news.

He would himself actually be in Kansas City conducting the audition! I was completely thrilled. I haven't seen him or the other teacher traveling with him for at least five years. It seems that everything is lining up for me to bring my balletic career full circle. I've gotten to visit the Rock School in Pennsylvania, one of my teachers from there will be setting a ballet on us for the next couple of weeks, and today, I'll get to see two of my most influential teachers. How thrilling!

I completely respect the legacy of dance. To have the opportunity to have my own student audition for the people and school who taught me to dance is huge. I am seeing with my own eyes the legacy of which I am a part. As I have said before, I am honored to be a part of such a wonderful tradition, and I hope things go well for my student tomorrow. (Regardless, I get to see my teachers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment