Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quiet time.

Today, after a night of revelry with my teacher and some friends, I did something I rarely do. I slept until one o'clock. I spent the day mostly by myself. Being alone is important to me as an artist. It gives me time to refuel. Sometimes, it can be lonely, but I find that when I give in and let myself be quiet, I can reflect and prepare myself for whatever is next.

Tomorrow, I have the audition that I had spoken of for which I've been preparing "two contrasting monologues." The ones I decided to use are from a play called "Kennedy's Children" and another one called "Tracers." To say that I'm nervous would be a bit of an understatement-well, actually I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'll just go and give it my best shot. It's my first time auditioning for something like this, so I'm excited about the new opportunity.

Each audition is a chance to perform. (my new mantra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment