Monday, November 9, 2009

Grateful.

It is interesting to see the different reactions that people have when they find out that I am "retiring." I'm so used to people knowing about it by this time that I am often surprised when someone is startled by the news. It gives me a bit more validation as a person and as an artist. I know it's selfish, but it is nice to know that I may be missed if even the slightest bit.

One thing that I am thankful for and that I welcome is the advice that people are giving me. It's so generous and moving to hear people get instantly passionate about my move and give pointers with such care that you would think they were sending a loved one off. It's as if they are rooting for me and just want everything to turn out great. Responses such as these further fuel my determination to succeed. I don't see at as negative pressure, I just feel so honored to see people coming out of the woodwork to support me. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment