Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving.

Technically, it's Thanksgiving Day although it's time for bed. For all intents and purposes, the holiday comes after this night of sleep. I spent today preparing my home for about fourteen people including myself. When I first moved into my loft six years ago, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner, and now that it's my last year, I felt that it was only fitting that I host one last "Turkey Day" for my friends.

I won't use this post to go into all that I am thankful for, but I will say that I am excited to be hosting a dear friend of mine for the week. We danced together for seven years at the ballet before he retired and moved to New York. He is currently in the international tour of "West Side Story," so I couldn't have been more thrilled when his producers decided to fly the cast back for this holiday week. He is a positive reminder that there is life after ballet. I have always admired his drive and determination as he paves his way through life.

I am incredibly grateful for the little reminders that keep popping up when I need them of how things will somehow work out for the best. Life is tricky and sends us whatever curve balls it sees fit, but I believe that if I'm open to them, then hopefully I won't strike out. I choose to expect the curve balls and hope for a home run-or at least a base hit! We'll see.

Happy Thanksgiving! Let's kick off this holiday season with much merriment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment