Friday, December 4, 2009

Clara's Dream.

My students just had their dress rehearsal for my ballet "Clara's Dream." (Nutcracker) This will be the fifth year it's being performed and the first year that I will get to see both casts perform. Usually, I'm performing at the same time, but due to a later Nutcracker opening for KC Ballet, I will be able to attend two of my school's shows.

I love the buzz and the excitement the students have as they get prepared to open tomorrow afternoon. There's nervousness, giddiness, frustrations-all the good stuff that goes with performing. They really have done a lovely job this year, and I can't wait to see how it evolves even further in front of the audience.

I'm also interested to see how I will be emotionally. I prefer to expect the dramatic end of the spectrum for myself, and then I can be pleasantly surprised if I remain calm and tear-free.

Here comes yet another chapter closing. What a theme. I am so thankful that I have had so many years with such a wonderful and supportive school. The staff and teachers have truly saved me on numerous occasions with their love and generosity. They've smacked me around when I've needed it, and they've been there for me when I was hurting. I won't even begin to go into how much I will miss the students. We have truly had some amazing times together.

I wish all the dancers "Merde" for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment