Friday, December 18, 2009

Holy Smokes!

Today after my short interview aired on NPR, there were more hits than ever in one day on this humble blog! Thank you to all who checked it out.

Some random thoughts tonight. I was touched by an audience member who was moved to tears by the Nutcracker. It was a wonderful experience. Remember, I'm not one who forgets that this art form is first and foremost a performing art-for the audience, but I was almost shocked to realize how meaningful what I do can be to people. That is worth more than a million curtain calls. It is such an honor to think that I am indeed making a difference in at least one person's life. It's nice to have the reminder that what I do is indeed important.

Tomorrow, I have an audition for a large and reputable professional outdoor theatre here in town. I am excited to get a taste of what I will be soon doing a lot of. I'm going to make it a point to enjoy myself. I'm going to allow myself to be whatever I happen to be in the moment-excited, nervous, you name it. I'm simply going to be. There is always something to be learned from auditioning. In a few hours, I'll find out what this lesson has in store.

-Oh, on a totally different subject. My dear Mother is good at catching spelling errors that I make that my spell check may not have. If anyone ever is offended by a misspelled word or simply wants to help save my reputation as the fourth grade county spelling bee champ, please, feel free to comment. Don't worry, I'll make sure that I have a good editor when I begin turning these many thoughts into a book.....

No comments:

Post a Comment