Monday, December 21, 2009

Mingling.

I've spoken about it before, but I was reminded tonight once more of how lucky I am to have had such a diverse community of artists to connect with here in Kansas City. I love being able to go to parties such and events and see artists who I have worked with or crossed paths with over the years.

I know that I am really going to miss this. There is a small town feel to this city that commands a high quality and level of excellence without seeming too arrogant. It's amazing to me to see these things coexist. I feel that in a larger city, the rat-race could breed such nasty and competitive energies if one isn't careful.

One of my goals when I move to New York will be to take the graciousness I have learned by watching the actors in Kansas City and attempt to hold onto that positive energy. It really carries a power that is unlike any I have ever seen.

By pushing myself into the community of artists beyond the ballet company during my time here, I have had the chance to learn about good and bad energies as I've built my own character by watching those around me. I wish I had time to learn even more, but hopefully, from what I have observed, I will be set up for a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment