Monday, October 19, 2009

The day after.

I have always had an empty feeling the day after a performance series ends. I always go through a form of withdrawal once I'm not on stage anymore. Today is no exception. Today's struggle makes me think about the withdrawal that will come after I'm on stage for the last time in May. I'm glad to be thinking about that now because I feel that if I prepare myself for the worst, then surely it couldn't be too bad, right?!? Either way, it's not fun to think about.

I love being on stage. Yes, there are roles that I don't care for, but I love the stage. It's going to be hard to take that final bow with the ballet. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too terribly long before getting back under the lights after I "retire." We'll see.

For now, it's time to focus my energy this week on relaxing in New York and enjoying the people I'm with and the adventures I'm bound to have. I can't think of a more exciting place to live at this point in my life. I'm bursting with anticipation about my move, and this visit will be a great time to get myself motivated even further. Big Apple, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment