Thursday, October 15, 2009

My last season opening....

Oh my goodness. I couldn't have imagined what this would be like. All of my fretting and pondering led to this-a normal day like any other. It is simply a reminder of how what I do matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Hold the phone-that's not true. To have been able to have been there and offer my support to my fellow artists, to have been on the stage as a contributing force to the whole product, I was/am valuable. I loved every minute of it.

I shared with just a few close friends how this day was a bit strange for me. They were entirely supportive, but I was careful not to take away from their moments. It's a strange field because it is an organism that keeps replenishing itself. We care for each other's transitions, but we have to continue on. We can't stop life just because someone is getting off the boat. That said, I am thankful for the care and sensitivity that people afforded me.

I kept it together today. I wasn't sure if I was going to be an emotional basket case or not, but it looks like I'm safe for now. I began to get a little sentimental walking into the stage door, but I kept my head on.

Now, I'm just looking forward to the rest of the run and taking a week off in New York after it's over. It will be my first time visiting the city knowing that I will definitely be there(to make it or break it) come the summertime! I plan to soak it all in.

For now, I'm going to put my feet up and be thankful for a wonderful season opening. I'm glad that it went well, and I'm honored to have been a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment