Thursday, April 15, 2010

Always something there to remind me.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of seeing yet another teacher who impacted my life/training as a young dancer. This keep happening! This made me realize again how incredibly fortunate I have been to have had such wonderful opportunities in my life.

With this knowledge comes the sobering realization that I have a duty to now continue to uphold my end of the bargain. My teachers have given so much to me. They have taught me discipline and countless other lessons that go far beyond ballet technique. During these last several days, I need to work harder than ever I feel to keep my head in the game. It's not over 'til it's over as they say. For that matter, it won't ever be over.

I may not always be a professional ballet company dancer, but I will always be myself, and I will always carry the lessons I have learned with me for the rest of my life. To everyone who has taught me and nurtured me, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment