Sunday, April 18, 2010

Camping.

Something that some of the dancers have enjoyed doing together annually is going on a camping trip. I was excited to get to go on one last trip this weekend with them. I hadn't been on one in a couple of years, so it was a lovely reunion for me.

Getting to stay up late and laugh and play games together is such a fun diversion from our hectic lives of rehearsing. We're all able to put aside the dramas of work and just be plain goofy. Taking this time is a reminder of the much needed break from work that humans need in order to remain healthy in life.

As usual, this was bittersweet for me. I felt sad much of the time even in my happiness. I was reflective and allowed myself to sit by the lake this morning and journal about the changes that are happening in my life.

Last night, I actually had a dream about my last day of work. It was actually about my last moments bowing onstage and the curtain coming down. It was a freaky reminder that this is coming up soon, and it is very real.

What stood out in my dream were my friends. They were around me and encouraging me. I wasn't alone. It's nice to know that I have such great people in my life. People who I can sweat and stink with by a campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment