Sunday, April 4, 2010

Positive thinking.

I have had such a lovely weekend. My birthday celebration was a success, and many of my close friends attended. I felt really touched. I spent even more time today with some great folks by attending a brunch and a dinner with several of the dancers. Tomorrow, I have yet another day off! Ah, what a much needed three day weekend! Hopefully, I'll feel rejuvenated and ready to go back to work on Tuesday.

This weekend served as a welcome distraction because I have been feeling pretty down due to the fact that I haven't heard anything about summer employment from the theatre in St. Louis. I've now let it go as "I probably didn't book this one," but I'm still willing to be surprised. In the meantime, I can spend my time getting excited about my move and putting all of my energy into that. I am so thrilled to get to spend my summer in New York! I won't just be visiting! I'll be there to stay! At last, a life goal is almost achieved!

A new goal of mine is to learn to be more and more positive in my life. I want to strive to find a way to be happy even when I don't "succeed." Thereby, when I do, I can feel REALLY happy. I think that if I can somehow manage to achieve this attitude, or at least try to have this as my attitude, then I will be much happier and successful in my life in the long run. Life is too short not to enjoy it as much as possible. I am confident that at some point I will be able to look back and see why it is that I didn't book certain things. It's just so hard to be retrospective while still looking forward (if that makes any sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment