Thursday, April 8, 2010

Maintaining relationships.

This will be a short post.

As I have spoken about before, my friendships have been an integral part of my time here with the Kansas City Ballet. They have brought me through good and bad times, and I have learned a lot about the human capacity to love and support. As I prepare to move on, I am inspired by the connections I continue to make with people who I haven't necessarily been close to. It is a reminder to me of how important it is to keep an open mind and heart because you never know who will impact you in life-now or later. It is easy to write people off because of a preconceived notion of who they are or what their personality entails. When we do this, I am learning, we block the chance to make a connection or friendship that may grow into something substantial.

I am encouraged that I am continuing to learn life lessons even at this "down to the wire" time in my journey. I welcome experiences such as this, and I hope to have many more of them.

(See, I said this would be a short post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment