Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm here.

Finally, for the first time in my life, I live in New York. I'm residing in Astoria, Queens, and it takes me about twenty minutes to get into Times Square by train. My neighborhood is charmingly residential without seeming suburban, and yet I'm a block away from busy life round the clock. I finally just finished organizing my room. It was a huge task considering I have the most stuff of all of the three of us living here. I now feel like I can breathe a bit easier.

Next week if all goes to plan, I will attend a couple of auditions. It's time to try to make it happen. I'm still feeling a bit burned out from the past ten years, but I know that I am up here to perform. It's what I love doing, and energy or not, I need to go for it. I can rest when I'm dead! Whether it takes me days, weeks, months or years, I am excited that I live in a city where there is life to occupy the dull moments and the waiting times. Sure, there is life everywhere, but nothing touches the energy of this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment