Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So close I can taste it.

What do I do to stay calm at this point? With only six days left until I move, I'm pretty frazzled! I have been loving working on the Starlight Theatre Gala because it's a revue of many musicals, so I'm getting to sing and dance. I've had to fight back tears a couple of times when we sing "What I did for love" from "A Chorus Line." Yes, so I'm sentimental. Just like the actors auditioning in that show, I'm not sure what my life would have been like if I hadn't had the opportunity to do what I love for the last decade.

On another note, I've come upon some frustrations with the knowledge that somehow some people don't seem to know that I sing. I am quite pigeonholed in this town as a dancer, and that is another frustrating reason that it is time to get out of town and get a fresh start. Am I an opera star? No. Can I do a bit more than just carry a tune? Yes. It's amazing how people get an idea of you in their mind, and that can be hard to change for some reason.

Well, I look forward to auditioning for everyone who thinks they know me again sometime. Hopefully, this confidence with which I'm writing will carry over and out of my mouth in the form of a voice that will surprise them. A triple threat I am determined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment