Monday, May 3, 2010

Suddenly.

Well, that snuck up on me! I looked at my schedule today for the next couple of weeks and realized that tonight is my last class teaching my students. I am booked with rehearsals and out of town travel the next couple of weeks. In a way, I'm glad that I didn't see this coming because I had no time to dread it! Tonight, I'll teach my heart out and try to give one last great class to these kids. It is clear to me that I may never teach some of them again, and that is a strange feeling.

The dance world is small, and I look forward to seeing these kids again. I'm sure that many of them will continue on with their dance education and then on into the world of performing. Teaching has been one of the joys of my career here, and I hope that I will get to continue doing it in my next surroundings. One thing at a time though. I need to recover from this closed chapter. Heck! Who am I kidding?!? I need to get my resume out soon so that I can book some teaching gigs! I've never found a better and more enjoyable way to make money (other than performing!)

Part II: (written today, the 4th) the Class was great. The kids worked extremely hard, and afterwards there were many tears. Wow that was hard. I held it together though. Now, I'm off to my first last day of theatre week.

No comments:

Post a Comment