Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dress Rehearsal.

Let's go on with the show!

Tonight's dress rehearsal went just fine. It had its share of issues as any dress rehearsal will/should. Tonight, I am thinking about where I stand in "the countdown" towards the season's end. This was my next to last dress rehearsal with the Kansas City Ballet. That's kind of weird. By now, some of these sentiments may sound overstated or corny, but this blog was set up to give the ins and outs of my last year dancing, and I have no way of knowing how things will affect me from day to day. It's strange to know that there will indeed be an end, and I continually take comfort in the knowledge that I decided when that end would be.

I have my fair share of anxieties as I've expressed about this show, but I am looking forward to putting it in front of an audience. Who knows what will happen? The audience is the missing piece that makes a performance come together. We've rehearsed, and now it's time to get on with it! I am proud of my fellow artists, and I hope this weekend goes well for all. We have some newbies making some big debuts, and I'm sure there will be some nerves flying. I look forward to seeing their successes. Ten years ago around this time, I took to the stage for my first lead roles as well as my promotion from "Apprentice" to "Full Company Member." Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment