Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Who Cares?

The audition went well today. We learned the lead man's variation, and I have to say, I'm pretty sure I looked good at it. It's exactly the kind of dancing that I love to do, and I also had the comfort of having learned the part in my past. I was able to add style and character and enjoy it right away. (I think my technique stayed on par as well.) I usually don't say something like this unless I know I did well.

So, naturally, I didn't get that part. Oh well! Once more, I look at it as preparation for the many auditions I'm going to have to do once I move to New York. Oh, but was it fun to dance! I let myself perform for anyone who cared to watch.

There are still five other corps-guy spots in the piece who dance a lot, so my hopes aren't shattered just yet. We'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Today may have been a flop from the standpoint of getting the "gig" or not, but personally, it was a success.

(Note to the universe: I'm willing to NOT get used to these "personal successes." I'm willing to have the opportunity to get used to actually getting the cast! Just putting it out there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment