Monday, February 1, 2010

My last KC Ballet Audition.

Tomorrow, we will begin rehearsing for George Balanchine's ballet set to Gershwin music "Who Cares?" This was the first Balanchine ballet I ever danced, and I performed it when I was at the School of the Arts in tenth grade. It is fun and jazzy.

I just realized today that this is the last "audition" process I will ever go through with this company. I will find out by the end of the week (hopefully sooner) whether I will be in the piece or not, and of course I would love to do the work, but I count my blessings for what I am doing right now. I haven't had a show as great as the one I'm going to dance later this month in years.

It's eerie to think that around this time in the Spring of 2000, I was frantically putting together the video audition that would land me this job. Tomorrow, I will once more give it my best shot to try to impress one last time. It's all coming up so fast, and I'm not sure what will happen, but I guess I'll try to be happy with my situation regardless of the casting. I should just learn to from the title of the piece and simply say, "Who cares?!?"

I can completely give in to the final months after this ballet gets cast and enjoy my last days here. I'm looking forward to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment