Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Moor's Pavane: Final Chapter.

Ordinarily, it would be an artist's nightmare to get "booed" by the audience. This was not the case for me as I felt thankful for the response I received during my curtains calls as Iago. I performed my last of two shows of "The Moor's Pavane" tonight. I felt good about both of them. My cast members were so strong, and I felt so connected to them. I can't help but say again how fortunate I feel to have gotten to play this part. It really is the gem of my balletic career. I realized tonight that this was my last principle role with the Ballet. I'll get to do great parts in the Spring show, but as true career defining lead roles go, this was it.

I haven't yet begun to go into my post-show withdrawal, but I'm sure it's on its way. Wow. I have eight weeks of work left. My anxiety levels are through the roof, and I'm being a bit of a grump. This isn't something that I'm proud of, but it's where I am. I've caught myself being outright jerk-ish, and that's something I really want to keep in check. It's hard to be in control of my emotions when so much is happening as my life begins to turn upside down. As always, I welcome it as a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment