Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Focus Matthew. Focus.

Our Winter show opens two weeks from tomorrow. Oh boy. I'm excited and nervous. I still feel that I'm making more mistakes in rehearsals than I want to, and we basically have only one more week in the studio after this one before going into the theatre. It's strange how things come to be. Sometimes, it seems as though we over-rehearse ballets and peak too early in the process. This time, it doesn't quite seem that way.

Hey, here's yet another challenge! I'll choose to look at this as a parallel to the times when I'll be learning a show quickly before putting it on stage in my next career. That happens a lot more often in theatre than in ballet.

I know that we will be fine and the performances will be great. That's one of the things I love about performing artists. We love what we do so much, and we are extremely aware that it is our butts that will be judged once we're on stage. We pull together and in the case of my company, we support one another. It makes things all the more pleasant. I feel that this show will be a rewarding one, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment