Saturday, March 13, 2010

Callbacks

I'm in St. Louis, and I'm pleased to say that I made it past the first two cuts in the audition process today. The callbacks are tomorrow. There were so many men who showed up for the audition, so I feel very lucky to have already made it this far. We learned two combinations from two of the shows, "Cats" and "Damn Yankees." I had a blast performing those. Then, they made the first cut of men. I waited, and waited, and waited, and my name was called next to last. My heart was thumping!

When we were brought back in to sing, they told us that we would all be singing sixteen bars of the same song from one of the shows. They lined us up on stage and went down the line. Since I was number two, I had to sing second. They gave me a correction and asked me to sing again. That made me nervous for a second, but I decided to take it as a compliment because they didn't ask anyone else to sing again. We'll see if anything more comes from this adventure tomorrow!

The important thing is that I was once again able to enjoy myself. I was still shaking like a leaf, but I had fun. It was a completely humbling experience. Some of the people who were cut I felt intimidated by. I guess I'm continuing to learn first hand what everyone preaches: there is no way to know what people are looking for. I will just have to continue to go for it and give it my best. More to report on tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment