Friday, March 26, 2010

A different stage.

I am happy to be back writing after several days off. Things are crazy, and I've been enjoying my break from the ballet. To be honest, I don't really want to go back. I do, but it just means that the end is REALLY near. Enough of that for now.

I am in Branson, Missouri to co-host the 2010 Mrs. Missouri pageant. Talk about something fun and different! I'll be up early tomorrow to rehearse all day with the contestants, and then, the competition will be that night. I'm not really having a lot of time to explore Branson, but I can say that it's quite an interesting place. Naturally, it's very touristy!

I enjoyed the drive here today. Driving through the farmlands of Missouri made me realize how tired I am of flat farm terrain. However, I was rewarded by the rolling "mountains" of the Ozark chain. They're still not the mountains that I'm used to, but they gave me hope of what is to come once I am again closer to mountains in the East. I love natural beauty!

Being here alone, I can see what it would be like to go around doing audition tours as many teachers do for their dance schools. It's a very lonely thing to be in a hotel by oneself. I'm not complaining at all though. I'm in a beautiful suite with a hot-tub and king sized bed! It's good to be the king!

Now, I am off to attend a talent competition. The winner will be performing in the pageant tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment