Monday, March 1, 2010

Days off.

It's nice to have an extra day off this week. We have three days off after a performance run, and I think that is one of the best perks that we have! I'm afraid that it's time at last to stop procrastinating and begin getting some things accomplished for this move. I'm making a list and tomorrow, I will begin the awful task of going through my bedroom and majorly paring things down in order to start getting my closet organized. I feel that's a good place to begin.

I think that some of my behavior of late is due to the fact that I don't feel I've been very productive. Hopefully, getting some grunt work accomplished will make things feel a bit less daunting. Of course within all of this, I have to find time to work out, take voice, teach-oh and eat! Well, I rarely forget to eat.

I got a little bit of a second wind tonight because the restaurant I sing at on Monday nights in an "open mic" setting was relatively empty, so we used it as a time to work on songs without having to feel like it was a performance. The accompanist also expressed that she would be interested in putting together a show with me. I'm excited about that prospect-yet another thing to motivate and help me get more comfortable singing in front of people!

I received my newest business cards in the mail today, and I am happy with the design. There's a Gershwin song that says "Things are looking up," and I have that going through my head right now. Hopefully, this feeling will stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment